Articles on this Page
- 01/21/19--08:10: _Re: BIOS password r...
- 01/21/19--08:34: _Re: Error message a...
- 01/21/19--08:59: _System Disabled
- 01/21/19--09:03: _Re: System Disabled
- 01/21/19--09:27: _Will not boot, hard...
- 01/21/19--09:33: _Re: System Disabled
- 01/21/19--10:01: _Forgotten BIOS Pass...
- 01/21/19--10:32: _hp stream 11-d010wm...
- 01/21/19--10:59: _Re: Cannot down loa...
- 01/21/19--11:06: _Re: Bios Issue afte...
- 01/21/19--11:12: _My (30 months old) ...
- 01/21/19--11:28: _Re: Will not boot, ...
- 01/21/19--11:27: _I have a a HP Strea...
- 01/21/19--11:29: _I forgot my bios ad...
- 01/21/19--11:30: _Re: I forgot my bio...
- 01/21/19--11:46: _Re: I forgot my bio...
- 01/21/19--11:56: _Re: I forgot my bio...
- 01/21/19--12:32: _Re: Bios Issue afte...
- 01/21/19--12:52: _Re: Disable battery...
- 01/21/19--14:01: _Laptop won’t power ...
- 01/21/19--08:10: Re: BIOS password reset.
- 01/21/19--08:59: System Disabled
- 01/21/19--09:03: Re: System Disabled
- 01/21/19--09:27: Will not boot, hard driver error
- 01/21/19--09:33: Re: System Disabled
- 01/21/19--10:01: Forgotten BIOS Password
- 01/21/19--11:06: Re: Bios Issue after update
- 01/21/19--11:28: Re: Will not boot, hard drive error
- 01/21/19--11:29: I forgot my bios administrator Password
- 01/21/19--11:30: Re: I forgot my bios administrator Password
- 01/21/19--11:46: Re: I forgot my bios administrator Password
- 01/21/19--11:56: Re: I forgot my bios administrator Password
- 01/21/19--12:32: Re: Bios Issue after update
- 01/21/19--12:52: Re: Disable battery safe mode
- 01/21/19--14:01: Laptop won’t power up. I push the on button and nada.
Second one worked, thank you.
It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for keeping me posted.
Please perform a reset of the computer and check if it helps.
Follow the steps in the below artilce to perform a system reset.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution.Your feedback counts!
forget the password, please help
I get this error:
FAILURE ID: QBVNWJ-79D9GM-MFGH6K-60UT03
PRODUCT ID: D8H45AV
HARD DRIVE CAPACITRY: 500GB
HARD DRIVE 1
It says to go to www.hp.com/go/csr
As usual HP is not help and either is this location. I am trying to findout what I can do about that error. I took the disk out and ran chkdsk with it in a usb external and it completed with no errors. Any help would be great.
I need to reset my forgotten BIOS password on my laptop.
After entering what I though was the password three times I get the following message.
Press the power button to restart the sytem
There are no error codes. only loud beeps when incorrect password attempts at hitting the enter key.
tablet was given to me. nothing has been done to it. its just been used very well. i plug the charger in and an orange light blinks a few seconds and then a light blue light blinks until i take the charger out. screen came on one time and it was some some sort of instuctions on how to reboot or something like that. it was brief before it blanked out.i suspect it needs a battery. im unsure how to diagnose it when it is unresponsive. i could sure use some advice. plus i like learning this stuff. thank you very much for your time everybody.
A warm welcome to HP Community!
Let me know how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!
I understand you're having issues with the computer after the recent update.
Don't worry I'll try to help you out.
Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?
Is it Windows update or HP Support assistant update which has caused the issue.
Have you tried to perform a system restore to a previous date where it was all working fine. for more details, please go through this support document.
Let's try to do a hard reset on the notebook and check if that helps.
If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to run an extensive system test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive from F2(Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).
If the test fails, then this is clearly an issue with the hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.
If the test passes, I would suggest here is to perform a system recovery using the partition available on your PC. For some reason if the partition is missing or corrupted
Then the only option would be to order a set of recovery media for your PC. Here's what you need to know about ordering a set of recovery media.
You can contact our HP phone support to order one.
HP phone support can be reached on: www.hp.com/contacthp
If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.
Let me know if this helps!
Have a pleasant day ahead! :)
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
This PC is a backup, not used often. May have already installed a new battery in the past year. Will only work when the power cord is plugged in. Even with the battery showing 100%, it gives a low battery warning and automatically shuts down.
The code you received, Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure, means the hard drive has to be replaced and the operating system reinstalled.
Since you have already removed the hard drive, you know how to replace it with a new one.
If you want to reinstall W7 on your 850 G1, unless there is a W7 product key on the notebook's case, or you created the W7 recovery media when you first bought the notebook, you will need to contact HP technical support for a set of W7 recovery disks.
I have the HP stream it will not power on. Even plugged in to the wall. The only sign of lif is the light by the power source and the Caps Lock light flashes about three times
I forgot my HP 255 G6 notebook Bios admin password, Now I'm getting a system disabled 97544420 error message please help
Restart the PC, and enter this unlock passcode...00359865
Thank u Mr Tikkanen it worked, but now it wants a harddisisk Security password
You're very welcome.
Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to help you with that problem.
In answer to your questions i do not know hat update it was, the machine asked to effect on close down but it is the BIOS that is affected as it never reaches the stage of opening windows. There were no software or hardware changes. I believe it was the HP Support Assistant that caused the issue. I have tried system restore which does not resolve the issue. I have managed to download and create a startup/repair BIOS USB but that has no effect either. I have tried to return to factory settings and that fails too. I have no internet access to effect any sort of test so probably need to reinstall the HP operating system. As it is out of warranty (by just two months) the website does not provide a point of contact by either email or phone so please advise.
If you are asking about "Ship" mode, the following is applicable:
Business Notebooks – “Ship” mode for notebook battery storage – Important Information
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution"to help others find it.
The problem is on an off - literally! It suddenly decides it won’t turn on when the battery is fully flat despite mains power being plugged in. A couple of days later it does turn on.