Articles on this Page
- 01/11/19--16:50: _Been hacked
- 01/11/19--17:53: _Re: Been hacked
- 01/11/19--18:12: _Re: OMEN BY HP 15- ...
- 01/11/19--18:25: _System Disabled Help!
- 01/11/19--18:44: _Hp laptop screen bl...
- 01/11/19--18:46: _Re: System Disabled...
- 01/11/19--18:50: _Re: System Disabled...
- 01/11/19--18:51: _Re: System Disabled...
- 01/11/19--18:58: _Re: Boot device not...
- 01/11/19--19:00: _Re: Hp laptop scree...
- 01/11/19--19:21: _Re: HP Spectre 13-4...
- 01/11/19--19:27: _Re: Computer won’t ...
- 01/11/19--19:37: _Re: Changing bios s...
- 01/11/19--20:05: _Re: Hp laptop scree...
- 01/11/19--20:54: _Boot device Not fou...
- 01/11/19--21:19: _Re: Display going b...
- 01/12/19--00:20: _Re: Changing bios s...
- 01/12/19--00:24: _Re: HP Stream 11 La...
- 01/12/19--00:37: _HP BIOS update kill...
- 01/12/19--00:52: _Re: HP BIOS update ...
- 01/11/19--16:50: Been hacked
- 01/11/19--17:53: Re: Been hacked
- 01/11/19--18:25: System Disabled Help!
- 01/11/19--18:44: Hp laptop screen blank, caps blinking
- 01/11/19--18:46: Re: System Disabled Help!
- 01/11/19--18:50: Re: System Disabled Help!
- 01/11/19--18:51: Re: System Disabled Help!
- 01/11/19--19:00: Re: Hp laptop screen blank, caps blinking
- 01/11/19--19:21: Re: HP Spectre 13-4003dx wont power on, light blinks 3 times
- 01/11/19--19:27: Re: Computer won’t start up
- 01/11/19--19:37: Re: Changing bios settings gives annoying 4 pin code
- 01/11/19--20:05: Re: Hp laptop screen blank, caps blinking
- 01/11/19--20:54: Boot device Not found,Hard drive (3FO), No Boot Manager
- 01/11/19--21:19: Re: Display going black and can't open
- 01/12/19--00:20: Re: Changing bios settings gives annoying 4 pin code
- 01/12/19--00:24: Re: HP Stream 11 Laptop wont turn on- has flashing lights
- 01/12/19--00:37: HP BIOS update killed my laptop
- 01/12/19--00:52: Re: HP BIOS update killed my laptop
asking for an administrator password or power on password. Dont have it or know it. Can anyone help me?
Enter any administrator password or power on password three times, and the PC should generate a system disabled code.
Post the code you receive including the lower case 'i' if applicable.
ALL IT DOES IS TELL ME TO INSERT SPAREKEY USB AND PRESS 1... IT LIST MY SERIAL NUMBER,,, THATS IT
Laptop Now Says System Disabled With A Code 54587923
Help! I spilled water on my computer. Now, the screen is total blank and the caps is blinking in a pattern. Product number is W2L54UA. Serial number: 5CD619576X. Product name: HP Pavilion 15-au020wm (ENERGY STAR).
Restart the PC, and enter this unlock passcode...41485305
Thank You So Much!
You're very welcome.
The error code indicates hard drive failure. Replace the drive with any retail SATA laptop drive and reinstall Windows.
Usually a liquid spill on a laptop is fatal.
There was a Reddit thread some months ago(maybe a year) about Spectre problems like this. It seemed to be either of two specific areas-one being the very common blown capacitor and another with a bad component somewhere between the dc jack and battery. I don't believe it was obvious with that component and the poster initially replaced it as troubleshooting step. Sorry, I can't be more specific but it has been awhile since I browsed through that thread. Of course on one thread here at HP there was a guy who discovered his dc jack was bad. Another found his dc jack was loose and when the cord was plugged in it moved and was not getting a good connection.
Get the Serial number from the bottom of laptop or original box it came in if you have it- contact HP Support using this link:
No way that I know of. Part of the overprotective/possessive trend of Windows 10.
It blinks 5 times with like a sec in middle of each blinks, and then it blinks multiple times really quickly, then it goes back to blinking slowly. This repeats again and again. It doesn't beep at all.
Problem began after spilled coffee under computer. Well after the cleaning of spilled coffee. Removed back/bottom cover cleaned and reinstalled cover. Won't boot now.
Thank you fror your message. Unfortunately, I cannot use phone call so cannot contact there now.
If there is someone has faced this same problem, I would like to know how to solve and this situation.
So you mean this screen will always show when changing the settings with BCU? Thats bios and has nothing to do with W10 I think
HP Support Assistant told me I needed to upgrade my BIOS, so I clicked on the install button to do so. After the upgrade all I got was repeated boots with blue screen of death saying:
MEMORY1 INITIALIZATION FAILED
I needed to do BIOS Recovery to get the computer working again. I'm not planning on upgrading the BIOS again until HP fix this fault but I don't know how to bring this to their attention so I'm hoping I can do it here.
the bios update was SP85579 version F.25
I'd appreciate any suggestions people have to resolve this.