Articles on this Page
- 01/05/19--07:12: _Re: Need help to re...
- 01/05/19--07:32: _Re: I bought a HP s...
- 01/05/19--07:33: _Re: I bought a HP s...
- 01/05/19--07:47: _Re: How to remove S...
- 01/05/19--08:03: _Need help on removi...
- 01/05/19--08:05: _Re: Need help on re...
- 01/05/19--08:12: _Re: Need help on re...
- 01/05/19--08:14: _Re: Need help on re...
- 01/05/19--08:29: _System fan (90B) co...
- 01/05/19--09:19: _Not able to boot an...
- 01/05/19--10:09: _Re: How to remove S...
- 01/05/19--10:30: _Re: How to remove S...
- 01/05/19--10:44: _Re: Failure id
- 01/05/19--10:53: _no boot with 3 led ...
- 01/05/19--11:03: _please help with sy...
- 01/05/19--11:13: _Re: please help wit...
- 01/05/19--11:30: _Re: Cannot boot aft...
- 01/05/19--11:43: _Re: Failure id
- 01/05/19--12:02: _No bootable device ...
- 01/05/19--12:06: _Black Screen. No Boot.
- 01/05/19--07:12: Re: Need help to reset BIOS password on HP 14
- 01/05/19--07:47: Re: How to remove SETUP Password on NC8430
- 01/05/19--08:03: Need help on removing BIOS password - HP ProBook 650 G1
- 01/05/19--08:05: Re: Need help on removing BIOS password - HP ProBook 650 G1
- 01/05/19--08:12: Re: Need help on removing BIOS password - HP ProBook 650 G1
- 01/05/19--08:14: Re: Need help on removing BIOS password - HP ProBook 650 G1
- 01/05/19--08:29: System fan (90B) cooling fan not operating correctly
- 01/05/19--10:09: Re: How to remove SETUP Password on NC8430
- 01/05/19--10:30: Re: How to remove SETUP Password on NC8430
- 01/05/19--10:44: Re: Failure id
- 01/05/19--11:30: Re: Cannot boot after updated with a new ssd
- 01/05/19--11:43: Re: Failure id
- 01/05/19--12:02: No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key
- 01/05/19--12:06: Black Screen. No Boot.
Your very welcome
Now, it seems to be stuck in a loop
on the logo page
Welcome to the HP Support Community
Not sure if the contacts are on your model but its worth a try.
Remove the memory SIM cover:
Remove any memory that is installed:
Remove anything that is covering the system board:
Look for any contacts that looks like this.
Use a small flat head screwdriver to short the contacts. "Try 2-3 times"
If that does not work then "Stringent Security" is Enabled!!!!!
I have purchased a refurbished laptop (HP ProBook 650 G1 - Serial: CNU413CVNM), that has BIOS locked with a password.
Can you please help me removing that password? Thank you!
P.S. I dont' know what other info if needed for you to help me, but I will provide it asap.
Welcome to the HP Support Community
For that model you will need to contact HP in your region and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.
Contact Support >> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html
When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.
Just to note:
Do not try removing the RTC/BIOS battery. As it will not remove the password, but it may reset the clock and as SMC files are time coded, a large disparity between the system clock and the time encoded in the SMC may cause it to fail.
Thank you for that quick reply! I alredy search that page, and it was giving me two main ways to contact HP: one is this forum and the other is to call a number on working days - which I will do next week, if I no one here can help me.
I will post here the update, as soon as will be one.
You could also try to post at the forum here.
Not sure how close they are to you but Victor could help. "Located in Romania"
The cooling fan is not operating properly and will shut down in 15 seconds.
please advise how I can get a boot disc
I had just disassembled the device. I looked a lot of time at both sides of motherboard.
I found nothing similar.
I looked for a sevice manual for this device, but I didn't got one.
I can send you a photo from both sides?
I just found the service manual.
Perhaps you can send me a link for the last Bios version.
Good morning Paul, is it necessary to update the bios? My version is F24, now F26 is available. If it is necessary, when should I do it?
No boot. Black screen. No underscore. Performed hard reset. No change. Replace motherboard with a refurbished one. No change. Replaced ram. No change. If one ram board is installed, PC boots normal. Verified all ram boards in this slot. All work. No boot happens anytime a ram board is installed in the second slot.
Cant come in the laptop, administrator / start up password required (all of a sudden).
System disable code i 60017985.
Already tried generating a code, by entering the system disable code into https://bios-pw.org, but the generated code is too long to enter.
Reboot and enter 57686720
Thank you for your information.
I cloned the new ssd with EaseUS Todo Backup free. If thisis not working, please advise me how to do it right.
No need to update the BIOS unless there is something wrong with your PC that the BIOS update fixes.
If you feel that the BIOS should be updated, do it after you reinstall W10 and run the update in Windows.
I erased a file off my computer and now I am getting the message above. Where do I buy a bootable disk from?
Powers on but black screen. Able to use F Keys to access the various utilities. Have run various tests all come up ok except for hard drive (shows as failed). Have stripped down to check connections and seating of components (all ok) and followed usual recommend steps.
Test log shows error codes;
Do these indicate that the HDD has failed and would need replacing?