Articles on this Page
- 12/20/18--03:13: _Re: need to Enter C...
- 12/20/18--03:16: _Re: Recovery and bo...
- 12/20/18--03:25: _Re: bios administra...
- 12/20/18--03:26: _Re: Hp Pavilion B&O...
- 12/20/18--03:29: _Re: HP Notebooks - ...
- 12/20/18--03:33: _Re: bios administra...
- 12/20/18--03:42: _Re: Hp Pavilion B&O...
- 12/20/18--04:07: _Re: Hp Pavilion B&O...
- 12/20/18--05:12: _Re: Hp Pavilion B&O...
- 12/20/18--05:44: _15-cb077cl will not...
- 12/20/18--08:35: _Bios administrator ...
- 12/20/18--06:37: _Re: Hp Pavilion B&O...
- 12/20/18--06:38: _Re: Bios administra...
- 12/20/18--06:51: _Re: Hp Pavilion B&O...
- 12/20/18--07:12: _Will not give me te...
- 12/20/18--07:15: _Re: 15-cb077cl will...
- 12/20/18--07:54: _Re: bios administra...
- 12/20/18--10:07: _Re: HP 840 G4 - NVM...
- 12/20/18--10:18: _Windows Logo
- 12/20/18--10:30: _Re: Hp notebook 15 ...
- 12/20/18--03:13: Re: need to Enter CURRENT Password
- 12/20/18--03:16: Re: Recovery and boot problem ,, please HELP !!
- 12/20/18--03:25: Re: bios administraator password
- 12/20/18--03:26: Re: Hp Pavilion B&O constant BSOD
- 12/20/18--03:29: Re: HP Notebooks - LED flashing codes
- 12/20/18--03:33: Re: bios administraator password
- 12/20/18--03:42: Re: Hp Pavilion B&O constant BSOD
- 12/20/18--04:07: Re: Hp Pavilion B&O constant BSOD
- 12/20/18--05:12: Re: Hp Pavilion B&O constant BSOD
- 12/20/18--05:44: 15-cb077cl will not power on
- 12/20/18--08:35: Bios administrator lock
- 12/20/18--06:37: Re: Hp Pavilion B&O constant BSOD
- 12/20/18--06:38: Re: Bios administrator lock
- 12/20/18--06:51: Re: Hp Pavilion B&O constant BSOD
- 12/20/18--07:12: Will not give me text box to log in
- 12/20/18--07:15: Re: 15-cb077cl will not power on
- 12/20/18--07:54: Re: bios administraator password
- 12/20/18--10:18: Windows Logo
- 12/20/18--10:30: Re: Hp notebook 15 bios admin password reset
SEE IF YOU GET ANYTHING DIFFERENT???
I did this ,, no Errors but "Wifi mode not included" it say
Heads -up !Thank you so much dude
I will try to boot from Linux.
But, as I said, I removed the HDD from the laptop, and tried to boot from USB with Windows installation, and a DVD with Windows installation, both cases returned BSOD.
Both USB and DVD work normally on other computers of course.
thank you for post. I found this too. In the post you sent the power button should flashing and machine should beeping. It does not happening in my case - in my case caps lock and num lock flashing (and not the power button) and no beeping here.
Maybe this is the same cause, if so, the documentation is misleading. Could someone from HP clarify it?
Your very welcome
Linux also wont boot: "failed to claim resource 1 [mem 0xfed4000...], platform device creation failed, unable to handle kernel paging request....
So it would seem to be an error within the Main Board is my guess.
No hardware errors and no beep or led flashes.
But here a solution is claimed
""It is the TPM (Trusted Platform Module), feature which implements cryptographic keys storage, used to improve security for technologies such as bitlocker.
Action: Disable this and error should go away or change to another number)
if the number is 4""
So I suggest it is within the BIOS.
Tried disabling the TPM - nothing changes.
I tried updating BIOS - nothing, what else can I try?
When I plug in the charger, an orange led comes on indicating that its charging, but even after charging for 24 hours, the laptop wont power on. Nothing happens when you press or press and hold the power key.
Locked bios i need to open it to make android studio work right
[personal information removed]
Sorry out of suggestions.
Welcome to the HP Support Community
For that model you will need to contact HP in your region and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.
When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.
Just to note:
Do not try removing the RTC battery. It will not remove the password, but it will reset the clock - as SMC files are time coded, a large disparity between the system clock and the time encoded in the SMC will cause it to fail.
It's a 2.2 GIG download and may just be a red herring.
HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS 4-IN-1 USB KEY
For HP authorized service partners and IT professionals who need to support a mixed environment of older and newer HP/Compaq PCs, the HP PC Diagnostics 4-in-1 USB Key is a diagnostic tool that supports a wide range of HP Desktop and Notebook PCs. This Key includes HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows, HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI, HP Vision Diagnostics, and files supporting recovery of a corrupted BIOS on supported systems.
No error message at all. At start up everything appears normal but it will not give me the log in box for my password. I have tried starting without the battery, f11, control/alt/delete, restarting, shut down and then start. I have no access to a recovery screen or anything. Just cannot get the text box to log in. Please help.
Sorry, but any time a laptop simply refuses to turn on, that tend to indicate a serious hardware failure.
Software failures invariably present with error messages of some kind on the screen, such as No Operating System or No Boot Device. In these cases, reinstalling the OS from media such as DVD or USB fixes the first; rebuilding the boot records using various utilities fixes the second.
There are these interactive diagnostic routines you can run from another PC that will attempt to walk you through some steps to determine the source(s) of the problem: http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=NoPowerorBootIssues.net§ion=ccweb&as=true&SFS=tdoc
The problem is that we HERE, have no way of diagnosing or repairing hardware problems.
If your PC is still under the original one-year HP warranty, or if you have purchased an extended warranty from HP and this is still valid, then you should contact HP Customer Support to see about having it repaired or replaced under warranty.
If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1
If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html
NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!
If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836
If your PC is no longer under warranty, you will have to contact an HP Repair or Service Center to see if they can examine the PC to determine the cause(s) of the problems, if it can be repaired, and an estimate of the repair costs.
If you live in the U.S., here is a link to the HP Service Repair Centers:
If you live outside the U.S., here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: https://support.hp.com/in-en/service-center
Thanks a lot!
Another interesting thread with the same discussion, here a HP ZBook G5 with the same problem:
As long as HP doesn't tell us, which machines don’t properly support UEFI 2.3.1 or the EFI_STORAGE_SECURITY_COMMAND_PROTOCOL, we have to use WinMagic SecureDoc and TCG Opal 2.
See this thread at point 28:
I want to show both HP and Windows logo on Boot up in UEFI mode Can Anyone Help?
Thanks a lot. It worked.